This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

  1. Home

Fgas and ODS Licensing, quota and reporting services

We are the Environment Agency and we run the Fluorinated gas (Fgas) and Ozone-depleting substances (ODS) licensing, quota and reporting services. We are the data controller for this service. A data controller determines how and why personal data (personal information) is processed.

Our information charter explains how we deal with your personal information. Go to GOV.UK and search 'Environment Agency personal information charter'.

The personal data we collect about you includes:

  • full name
  • contact details including addresses, emails and phone numbers

We are allowed to process your personal data because we have official authority as the administrator of the Fgas and ODS systems for England and Great Britain. The lawful basis for processing your personal data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law.

If you don't provide all the information requested then we cannot register your organisation to use the F gas and ODS service or process any other submissions that may be required by the relevant legislation.

We use your personal data to

  • register your details with the service
  • contact you about your applications or submissions
  • provide you with information about the F gas and ODS regulations

We do not use your personal data to make an automated decision or for automated profiling.

We will share your personal data with the following regulators:

  • Scottish Environmental Protection Agency
  • Natural Resources Wales

We will also share your details with HMRC and Border Force where necessary to support their work at the borders.

We will keep your personal data for 7 years after you cease to be registered.

We store and process your personal data on Microsoft Azure servers in Ireland.

We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.

Contact details

Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for independent advice and monitoring of the Environment Agency’s use of personal information.

If you have any concerns or queries about how we process personal data, or if you would like to make a complaint or request relating to data protection, please contact our DPO:

Data Protection Officer, Environment Agency, Horizon House, Deanery Road, Bristol, BS1 5AH


You can find out about your personal data rights from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at The ICO regulate the data protection legislation. You have the right to lodge a complaint with them at any time.

This notice was last updated on 1 December 2020